Senator Hotel is committed to sustainability by adopting Travelife’s principles and practices in preserving the environment and improving local community relationships. This is an international sustainability certification scheme for hotels. It is a standard that helps to improve how hotels manage their environmental and social impacts, such as reducing energy or water consumption, and ensuring to support local people, businesses and culture. Continuing success in the hotel industry depends on:
• Offering high quality services in a clean, safe and well-protected environment.
• Constant adaptation of its services and products to new environmental standards and to the demands of its guests as these are shaped by the economy, technology and social changes.
• Consistent training of staff so that they understand and adopt these new technologies and practices which protect the environment.
Our environmental action plan includes the reduction in consumption of energy, water and chemicals and reduction in wastes.
Tourism and travel affect not only the environment but also the local people in the tourist destinations. To reduce negative impact, we implement important guidelines: (1) Good working conditions, (2) no tolerance on child labor and rights, (3) zero tolerance on child sex tourism and (4) nature protection. These guidelines are based on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the conventions on working conditions and workers’ rights of the UN’s labour agency the ILO.
Our resort is against all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees and guests are treated fairly irrespective of gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, religious belief or otherwise.
All hotel departments and employees participate in this effort. We also motivate and put pressure on our partners, suppliers and local authorities to accept and implement similar practices.
We encourage you to join our efforts during your stay with us. Simple things you can do….
• Set the A/C control at 22-24°C
• Close the doors and windows when you have the air conditioning on.
• Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
• Take advantage of the natural light by opening the drapes.
• Prefer to turn off electric appliances from the central switch and not to leave them on stand-by mode.
• Turn off the water when brushing teeth or shaving.
• When you finish, make sure the tap is not dripping!
• Donate to the Pancyprian Association of cancer Patients and Friends (a donation box is located at reception).
• Live empty plastic bottles in your rooms.We collect and donate them.
• Consider recycling paper, metal, plastic and glass.